Sunday, September 26, 2010

New Fish! - Blood Fin Tetras, Von Rio Tetras Otocinclus and Cherry Shrimp

Well, it was about 3 weeks ago I decided the tank needed something moving around a little more than the Plecostomus do. So, I went to my LPS (Pet Smith's in Bixby, OK) and looked around for a while. I took them the regular plecostomus I had to free up a little room and I got 12 Blood Fin Tetras and 3 Von Rio Tetras to help with the lack of activity in the tank.





 (sorry the pictures are a little blurry. I couldn't get them to stay still long enough for a good picture)

I also got 6 Otocinclus and 4 Cherry shrimp to make sure my plants stay clean and free from algae. My Anacharis and Java Moss had started to brown just a little and it appeared to be some algae. They seem to have taken good care of the algae issue too since the Anacharis and the java Moss have no brown left on them.





They are all happy and doing well! I know I have a clean and well balanced aquarium, but I also appreciate that I know I can get fish that have been well cared for at my LPS. I'll have to do a special blog just about them sometime, it's a great place!

No comments:

Post a Comment